Thursday, July 9, 2009

Trapped!!

Brooklyn and Leila have been playing a lot together lately!! They just run around the house and follow each other around! It's so cute, and nice for me!! Today however... a bit of a disaster!! Leila and Brooklyn kept going in the bathroom! Argh! I'd get them out, and shut the door, but before I knew it, they'd be back in! So one of these times, Leila's standing out in the hall, and Brooklyn's in there with the door shut! So I walk on over and grab the handle... IT'S LOCKED!! AHH! Brooklyn is locked in the bathroom!! Seriously?! I'm just kind of frozen... what do you do when your baby is locked in the bathroom! haha, it sounds pretty funny now though! Anyway I call my mom and she says that if I can take the door-nob off, I should be able to push this mechanism or something, and the door will open. So I go digging through our crazy array of tools and find a screwdriver! I un-screw the door-nob, all while talking soothingly to Brooklyn. Brooklyn was totally not phased. She was not talking, but I could hear some serious rustling around of paper and such... I knew she was making as big of a mess as she could!! I get the thing off and I'm trying to find this mechanism... I have no idea what I'm looking at!! I just start pushing stuff at random hoping the door will magically spring open.... it does not. I admit defeat!! Then I'm trying to think of people who live close by and can just run over and help me!!
Horray!! My neighbor Tori's husband Dave is home!! He came over and instantly got her out!! Yay!!
While he was taking off the door-nob I was secretly dreading the door opening, because the bathroom was already kind of messy, and I KNEW Brooklyn had been having a field day in there... and when the door opened.... yikes... first of all, Brooklyn had pooped and the bathroom STUNK!!!! And second, she had gotten under the cupboard and strewn.... ok, embarrassing... feminine products all over the floor!! :0 I was mortified!! Poor Dave!!
...Well Brooklyn is safe now, and hopefully she will not do that again!! haha

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Hahahaha! Naughty baby.

Kaysie said...

that's hilarious

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

ha ha! that's funny... now. =) cute little girls! gotta love em!

sonnet locked me in the bathroom the other day... she was outside and i was inside... there's a childlock on the door so she can't get in and swish in the toilet... she locked it from the outside! i was stuck in there and had to yell for nate. good thing he was home or i might still be trapped! :)

The Williams Family said...

You probably handled that situation better than I would've. I would've been freaking out! Ella fell on her face in the kitchen earlier this week while Dave was in the mountains with his dad. She had a bloody nose and blood coming out of her mouth. Apparently when she fell her front teeth stabbed into her upper lip...=S! For a while her upper lip was really swollen and part of it was stuck between her font teeth! I was a wreck as well! I called Dave who didn't have reception and then I called my mom all the while in a panic cause my baby is screaming and bleeding everywhere. She ended up being ok and my mom came over to check her out. I was more distraught then Ella by the time she got there. I don't do well under stress. Oh, and Dave didn't say anything about the mess in the bathroom so don't worry about it =).

Megan Hedrick said...

OMg! That is hilarious. I needed that good laugh right now. Thank you!