Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Lion King

Daddy bought Leila tickets to "The Lion King" for her birthday! We were so excited! Me and Leila got all dressed up and went to Mandalay Bay together! She looked so adorable in her little dress Aunt Emily bought for her , and holding her little purse! Leila kept talking about going to see Simba and Rafiki, and she kept asking me if we were really going, like I was going to change my mind half way to the theater! haha! She let me take some cute pictures of her, but whenever I'd try to get in the picture with her, she'd make a grumpy face!! What the?!
(like in this one!!) There were people who worked there who were taking pictures, so they took a couple of me and Leila, and wouldn't you know she was smiling!! I thought, "What the heck, I'll just buy them!" But they were $43!! Forget that!


Anyway, Leila was holding tight to her little brochure, which she thought were her tickets, so when we got to the front to get in, Leila handed the lady her "tickets"! Adorable! We walked in to our seats and Leila waited so patiently for the show to start! It kicked off with the animals walking right down the aisles! Leila kept gasping, "OHH!" and "WOW!", much to the amusement of everyone around us. And when Scar and Simba were fighting, Leila yelled, "OH NO!!" She was the cutest thing ever! At the end of every song, Leila clapped wildly!! Leila called Grammy at intermission and told her all about it! And she keeps talking about it!! The show was seriously amazing! The music and the costumes, I loved it! Definitely worth it!!




3 comments:

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

oh that is tooooo cute! what an awesome experience for you two...especially for leila and for you to go together... oh! love it!!!

Kaysie said...

awww! i want to see the lion king! that sounds way. fun. i love you too sheen.
if possible,we should plan a visit or something fun :) we haven't seen you guys in a while!

rebecca said...

So cute, Sheena! A date out with mom. Lucky girl. I LOVE The Lion King. How fun for Leila!